Tuesday 9 February 2010

About Baluty Baluty (3)

Today I wrote a mail to Ludmila form the 'Fotofestiwal'. Thinking about the presentation in the end made things more clear. That's how it works!


Here is the mail.

Hi Ludmila,

About our thinking about the gallery and exhibition in the end of the Baluty Baluty project.

Just this, what came into my head...

Exhibition is part of the event also. For the spectator not something to look at but to walk in. He or she is going to be a part of the exhibition, hearing voices, seeing faces, "smelling" the neighboorhood....

(Very - very! - conceptual! hahaha!)

But I mean, I am not so interested in showing off with beautiful pictures (everybody does and it's very often boring) but I am looking for offering an experience by using photography; it's more an event then an "exhibition". (In my view)

Very conceptual indeed!

Cheers!

Rob


(It could be that we behind every shop-window display a picture too.... or.... make a map with the different places/houses participants live and put also a (small) picture there.... I want everything make alive, tangible)

These are just brainwaves which came up and which I want to keep in mind. But this is the reason that I want the exhibition close as possible in Baluty. The old market place/Stary Rynek could be the perfect fit.

Ludmila, what do you think?

R



Stary Rynek (the Old Marketplace) in the center of Baluty; 
Thursday, 4 February 2010

2 comments:

  1. Great idea with this project. I just discovered this blog. Btw - can we swap the links ? I am also looking at Lodz through my lenses (www.fotobolas.blox.pl) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And, yes, sure; swap the links! I admire your site!

    ReplyDelete