Wednesday 17 February 2010

Nostalgia

One week at home and nearly three weeks to go before I travel to Lodz again. But I feel already nostalgia now... After one week in my hometown Rotterdam! Why?

What has Poland and Lodz in particular that it causes nostalgia?...

Night at Piotrkowska street... 

or the streets around.... 

going home after dinner
 (very often 'kebab" or "something traditional"...)


going through Zielona sneaking around in one of the courtyards....

or the Wielka Synagogue... as a fatamorgana... 
which appears as on a film screen in the night...

or the displaced rickshaws on Piotrkowska...

or the extreme cold?

and the small (empty!) bottles Vodka everywhere in the snow...



or the speaking graffity...

and the beautiful structures on the walls, like modern art...

or... the Lodz people?
here in the Park Staro Miejska

here "on ice" just in the outskirts of Lodz

or.... has a Baluty virus caught me?...

view on Lutomierska...

I don't know... I really don't know. 

But... I found two in my opinion very beautiful videos on YouTube.

All about "Nostalgia".

The first one is from VICTORHRZ in search for the roots of his family in the city of Lodz . It's is totally spoken in Hebrew. So if you don't understand Hebrew (like me) just listen to the music of the voice and enjoy this with the images. This is nostalgia in his most pure form!






No comments:

Post a Comment