Monday 8 February 2010

The Kutno-experience

On my way to Rotterdam... Two and a half hour waiting in... Kutno.
So hiding in the station restoration.

Couldn't not read the menu and choose by chance Vlaki which turns out to be soup from paunch. (cow flatulence) It smells like what it is and the taste brings me the remembrance back of boiling old and dirty socks. (yes, in the old days)
But it was nevertheless nutritive. So, don't understand me wrong: nothing incorrect!

These pictures are the result of "me being bored".

"Fresh fruit", my table

the restoration

my 'Vlaki' soup

somebody had eaten there already...

Poles, having a meal, have been concentrated and silent

my other neighbour

"Greenery", the table of my neighbour (when he has left)

everybody has left

And then I didn't tell you about the young man, open, friendly face, who began to talk to me just at the moment I started to read my book...
Don't know, seemed to me more or less drunk... asked me about six times what was my name... had been in the Netherlands, 35 years old, two daughters at home... broken window in the house, couldn't effort to repair it... finally asking some money...
I am dead, he ended his monologue. Yes, I am dead...

1 comment:

  1. 'Vlaki' is what most of polish men choose... So practise it when you're back!
    And the table looks more or LESS like dutch painting - nostalgia again?

    ReplyDelete